Turning Poo Into Insights.
We aspire to build the Poodl.
A portable scanner for monitoring the quality of digestion and detecting health states that correspond with changes in the stool. A convenient and easy-to-use home-monitoring solution combined with tele-health services.
After promising feasibility studies, we are calling for study- and research projects. Please get in touch: email@example.com
A healthy bowel takes it all. Otherwise, something is wrong.
A bad quality of digestion is a sign for:
Malabsorption and / or Maldigestion due to:
Inflammation or Irritation of the bowel
Celiac disease / Pancreatic insufficiency / Lack of bile acids
Change in Nutrition (e.g. High Protein Diet)
Unsuitable Enteral Nutrition (e.g. after an accident)
also neurological or neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer´s Disease, Multiples Sclerosis, or Depression are associated with the bowel.
- Digital biomarker and longitudinal patterns in the same patients
- Qualification & Quantification of scientific parameter and patterns
- Objective data about the digestion for the user, patient or healthcare professional
- Enabling personalized therapy
- Nutrition optimization or diet adjustment
- Increase Quality of Life (QoL), the energy level and productivity for patients
- Prediction and Prevention of painful phases of patients
- Reduction of Healthcare burdens & hospitalization costs
- Reduction of steroids like cortisone.
– Irritable Bowel Syndrome (75 million people in Europe)
– Enteral Nutrition / Malnutrition (33 million people in Europe)
– Inflammatory Bowel Disease (2.5–3 million people in Europe)
– Stoma (700.000 people in Europe)
– Losing / Gaining Weight (50% of adults have tried a diet to lose weight. 2% of adults want to gain weight.)
– Vegetarian/Vegans who to track their metabolizing of food
– Parents who want to track children’s digestion
– Cats & Dogs
– Racing Horses & Falcons
Call for Clinical Cooperations
We are calling for study- and research projects. Our Poodl-System is ready to start! Do you have a research interest in the field of gastrointestinal diseases like Colitis Ulcerosa, Crohn’s Disease, any other kind of bowel disease, or enteral nutrition? We offer new technology to analyze stool samples regularly.
We are super excited to explore what benefits the serial measurement of objective parameters or patterns in stool as an indicator for the state of health for patients, relatives, and physicians delivers.
Let’s talk about a research project and reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- More than 1.4 million people in Germany, primarily women, are diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrom or Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- 7-16% of the total population struggles with symptoms of an Irritable Bowel Syndrom, a similar prevalence for Europe and the United States.
- Treating IBS in Germany alone is estimated to cost over €3.2 billion per year.
- Overall annual healthcare expenditures in U.S. for gastrointestinal disease total $136 billion.
- Abdominal pain is the symptom most responsible for 22 million office visits and 6 million emergency department (ED) visits in the U.S.
We are also raising an investment round. If the clinical validation is positive, we will face a substantial commercial opportunity. Please get in touch.
Founder & CEO
10+ years of digital health consulting for e.g. Bayer, Biotronik or Roche Diagnostics. Angel Investor.
Founder & CSO
15+ years of medical affairs within Bayer, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Takeda or Epigenomics.
20+ years in Healthcare & Pharma in the fields of innovation, business development and strategy.
Head of R&D at MVZ Institute of Microecology & Microbiome Expert
“In 30 years from now, people will say: What?! You didn’t measure your poo regularly?!”