Turning Poo Into Insights.
We aspire to build the Poodl.
A portable scanner for monitoring the quality of digestion and detecting health states that correspond with changes in the stool. A convenient and easy-to-use home-monitoring solution combined with tele-health services.
After promising feasibility studies, we currently identify the most promising target population and will start validation studies soon.
A healthy bowel takes it all. Otherwise, something is wrong.
A bad quality of digestion is a sign for:
Malabsorption and / or Maldigestion due to:
Inflammation or Irritation of the bowel
Short Bowel Syndrome / Celiac disease / Pancreatic insufficiency / Lack of bile acids
Change in Nutrition (e.g. High Protein Diet)
Unsuitable Enteral Nutrition (e.g. after an accident)
also neurological or neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer´s Disease, Multiples Sclerosis, or Depression are associated with the bowel.
- More than 1.4 million people in Germany, primarily women, are diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrom or Inflammatory Bowel Disease. 7-16% of the total population struggles with symptoms of an Irritable Bowel Syndrom, a similar prevalence for Europe and the United States.
- Overall annual healthcare expenditures in U.S. for gastrointestinal disease total $136 billion.
- Abdominal pain is the symptom most responsible for 22 million office visits and 6 million emergency department (ED) visits in the U.S.
- There is an $18 billion market forecast for IoT & diagnostics by 2020 according to Forbes.
- US market research analysts estimate the stool testing market to surpass US$ 720 million by 2019 due to the growing awareness of diagnostic stool test among the people.
- Qualification & Quantification of scientific parameter & pattern
- Objective data for the user, patient or healthcare professionals
- Enabling personalized therapy
- Nutrition optimization or diet adjustment
- Increase Quality of Life (QoL), the energy level and productivity for patients
- Avoiding painful phases of patients
- Reduction of Healthcare burdens & hospitalization costs
- Reduction of steroids like cortisone.
- People who suffer from gastrointestinal diseases, like Inflammatory bowel disease or Irritable bowel syndrome, who want more insights about their digestive health and want to home-monitor their stool
- Parents who wish to gain insights into their child’s digestive health
- Providers who want to personalize enteral nutrition for patients
- Payers which want to avoid hospitalization costs and allocate resources more effective
Founder & CEO
10+ years of digital health consulting for e.g. Bayer, Biotronik or Roche Diagnostics. Angel Investor.
Founder & CSO
15+ years of medical affairs within Bayer, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Takeda or Epigenomics.
20+ years in Healthcare & Pharma in the fields of innovation, business development and strategy.
Head of R&D at MVZ Institute of Microecology & Microbiome Expert
“In 30 years from now, people will say: What?! You didn’t measure your poo regularly?!”